What Artists do for Artists (3)
What Artists do for Artists (2)
What Artists do for Artists (1)
“Since I know you, if your work isn’t published, send me two, and I’ll fully expose myself to your work, and we are now in touch.
If they are published, I’ll buy two.”
Twinges from the Fringe
15 funny short plays. Including Bob’s most popular shorts: Scene Analysis for Fun & Profit, Men’s, Talking Cure, Nixon, Fun City, Sinatragate & Atlantis, The Lost Continent.
Great for Fundraisers.
Excellent for Auditions.
Fun to read.
Off-Broadway: Grove St. Playhouse (NYC)
Trilogy Theatre (NYC)
Streetlight Productions (NYC)
Shooting Star Theatre (NYC)
Regional: Heartlande Theatre Co (Ann Arbor MI)
Sauk Theatre (Jonesville MI)
May 2008, NEYT (Brattleboro, Vermont)
International: Nov 2001, KIMEP English Language Theatre (Almaty Kazakhstan)
Sept 2006, Teatrul Pi Buni Piatra Neamt, Romania
- Read the Kindle book
- Read the paperback
- The Best Men’s Stage Monologues 1996
- The Best Women’s Stage Monologues 1996
- The Best Men’s Stage Monologues 1999
- The Best Women’s Stage Monologues 2000
- Elias Stimac of BackStage calls Twinges “comical success… laugh inducing, eye opening, or thought provoking–and sometimes all three at once.”
- Arlene McKanick of OO–Broadway Review says Twinges is “worth seeing!”
A few words from actors
- “Audience” was a fitting end to the evening, and the audience really seemed to enjoy to breaking of the fourth wall — Nathan Fleming Director KIMEP English Language Theater, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- “I used the ‘Fun City’ monologue at an audition at Park Square Theater (a prestigious theater company in downtown St. Paul, MN) for the play Born Yesterday, and I got a part!” — Barb Keith, actress
- “I recently read ‘Donnyworld.’ I thought it was one of the funniest things I have ever read.” — Luke Leek, performer
- “Thank you so much for the copy of Twinges , it is a very fun play.” — Samantha Wilson, actress
- “The scene [Atlantis, The Lost Continent] from Twinges is great. It would be an honor to perform it as part of my audition.” — Jonathan Kapner, actor
- “[Fun City] is quite possibly the funniest monologue known to man.” — Audrey Leigh Francis, actress
The New Life
An “art rock” sci-fi thriller set 125 years hence, it’s a wild ride of a play where immortality, Italian poetry, terrorism, and the emergent intelligence of networks interfold DNA-like into the Rudolph Maté film noir classic D.O.A. Massive in scope, the story covers a whole new world where evolution has itself evolved, becoming strange, free, and wondrous. Rich and multi-layered, The New Life’s flexible casting options mean you can perform it with a cast small as 8 or large as 22. Likewise, you can make it a tour de force of technical theatre, or perform it simply on a bare platform with human-generated effects.
cast: 12 (6 F, 6M)
set: Multi-media stage
length: 120 min.
Off-Broadway: Commissioned 2004 by Praxis Theatre Project
The Buffoon Piece, a serious comedy by Bob Jude Ferrante. Now out on Kindle and paperback.
The Buffoon Piece, a serious comedy by Bob Jude Ferrante, is now out on Amazon.
Read it now on Kindle and Paperback.
(Please do, and support a working artist!)
About: Just before WWII, a family of clowns inhabits a raffish 1930s Italy, performing comedies within tragedies, grasping for survival. When a pair of politicals running from the gestapo crashes into a mad poetry spouting Bozo in the barn, tension spirals in tight swirls of history, love, mystery, doom.
author page now up on amazon.com
Visit Bob’s author page, with links to five of his comedies — Kindle or paperback — on amazon.com. Fans can read copies of the plays on tablet, phone PC, or good-old books! https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Jude-Ferrante/e/B01MYZAHH2
Tragedy, a comedy
Harry Stevens has a good life. He loves his job teaching intellectually-disabled kids. His marriage is stable. He’s got a good home. But… A routine check-up turns dire. God shows up. Won’t leave. Best friend Bernard starts praying in the living room. Won’t leave either.
Read it in: Light Matter (kindle | paperback)
cast: 4 (1F, 3M)
set: Single set
length: 40 minutes
Publication & Productions
Published: Light Matter, Jan 01 2020
Off-Broadway: Emergence Theatre Co (NYC)
The Last Days of Paradise
A strange woman is incarcerated at The Tombs… a dank, dismal, medieval New York jail. And a reluctant Public Defender gradually digs to discover the truth about the “Apart” and the heart of their mystery… “what son of a bitch killed your dream?”
cast: 4, 2F 2M
set: Unit set (basement)
length: 40 minutes
Productions & Publications
Published: The Best Stage Scenes 1999
You must be logged in to post a comment.